IT Security Consultant III
Jim is a well organized, result oriented professional with extensive experience in a diverse range of information technologies and the knowledge to apply those technologies to meet company’s business goals. He has hands on experience in end-to-end project delivery based on business drivers, including requirements definition; architecture definition, technology evaluation and selection; implementation; and acceptance. Jim has been involved in working closely with operations teams, engineering teams, third party vendors, and upper management in implementing complex systems. Jim is skilled in hardware and software product design; solving complex system and network problems; defining strategic product direction based on long term vision; consulting; and providing technical leadership. He is also effective at explaining complex issues to management and technical staff.
– Network and security related architecture & design.
– Extensive experience with start-up companies in the role of system architect.
– Product definition and design.
– Strategic Technology Evaluation.
Specialties: Jim has worked in the areas of network & system design and architecture for over 30 years. He has extensive experience in the areas of data network technologies, security (both host based and network based), Ethernet switching, routing, and Voice over IP. Jim has done not only network design and architecture, but also network product architecture, system architecture and system software design and development. He has also worked as the technical liaison between Marketing and Development.
- End-to-end project delivery
- Company start-up experience
- Planning and design of the enterprise network infrastructure
- Security architecture definition
- Security and Networking Technology evaluation and selection
- Defining strategic product direction based on long term vision
- Strategic Technology Evaluation
- Technical Requirements Definition
- Enhanced DataCenter security technologies
- VoIP service definition
- Network Management architecture
- Enterprise firewall traversal technologies for VoIP
- VoIP policy gateway product deployment
- Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Malware Research
- Security Policy evaluation
- Virtualization, including Software Defined Networks
- Cloud-based data center evaluation
- Utilization of Cisco’s UCS system and Nexus switches
- VMware design and setup
- VoIP/Mobile security
- 20+ years of commercial experience
- 10+ DoD and National Intelligence experience