As an experienced security consultant with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry at a high level, he is highly skilled in cloud security, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), information security, auditing, and SSAE 16.
Scott is an information security professional with a unique set of experience. Scott has served in helpdesk, network administrator, information security analyst, security auditor and consultant roles, with 13 years of experience working inside a top CPA firm. Scott has technical experience in the design and management of medium to large scale networks, including network vulnerability analysis, web application vulnerability analysis, and network intrusion prevention. Scott has provided guidance to clients on a wide range of subject matters, including:
- System and Organization Control (SOC) Reports (Formerly Service Organization Control Reports) under AICPA standards and the Trust Services Principles Criteria.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO frameworks related to IT General Controls to assist with SEC compliance for public companies, and companies preparing to go public.
- Internal and external audit planning, and execution of the design and operating effectiveness of management control frameworks to comply with information security and financial reporting requirements.
- Risk assessments to comply with information security and financial reporting requirements.
- Design and implementation of security frameworks, including risk management, vulnerability management, third party vendor management, system development and change management, and policies and procedures.
- Compliance with information security frameworks, including NIST, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, SSAE18, Cobit, and Cloud Security Alliance Cloud Control Matrix.
Scott is active in the information security community, having served on the Board of Advisors for DFW ISC2 and the Cyber Law Consortium, as well as on the Sponsorship Committee for the Technology Ball and Planning Committee for INTERFACE Dallas. Scott has given presentations related to information security to groups including the Institute of Internal Auditors, Financial Executives International, and DFW ISC2.
He holds a Master of Science (M.S.) focused in IT Service Management from The University of Dallas.
LinkedIn Profile: Scott Geye